Harman Accentra insert troubleshooting - feed and ignition lights don't come on

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

StayingToastyCO

Oct 11, 2019
N. CO Front Range
Hi All, new member here trying to figure out an issue with my 5+ year old Harman Accentra insert pellet stove. So with the first roaring cold front to hit this season I went to turn on the thoroughly cleaned stove and got the power light on, status light on (steady) and combustion blower light on. All others off. After trying test mode several times I get power, status, distribution and combustion lights to come on but still no feed or ignition. It will run the distribution blower, run the combustion blower and just continue to cycle with no blinking status light.

After much internet searching and research I am still unable to get a solid idea of what to do next. Next plan is to make sure that all seals/pressure is being maintained and to do a clean of the ESP (I realized I have never cleaned it during annual maintenance).

Also I am reading about adjusting for potential low draft due to voltage change. Although how would my voltage in the house changed from one year to the next? We have super stable voltage here in town and have never noticed any issues.

BTW I have never had any issue with the stove until this and do annual routine maintenance: clean out stove and all heat transfer ducting, check combustion blower, clean chimney pipe, clean out ignition (under the wingnuts), clean out fines chamber. It is an insert and therefore is vented through approx. 25 ft of insulated 4" flexduct out the top of the chimney. There is an outside air kit which pulls from the air in the chimney on the other side of the block off plate.

Thanks in advance for any help offered as I am not looking forward to the next month without heat until the tech can come out to the house!!

Last edited:
If the feed auger is not turning in test mode it may be jammed or dead. You should connect the feed motor to a test lead and plug it directly into an outlet to see if it works on its own.

Have you blown out the vacuum line and cleaned the two exhaust ports all the way from the front of the stove to the exhaust blower housing? Does the stove feed if it’s pulled out and disconnected from the flue?