Harman Accentra- Low Heat!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bank

Feeling the Heat
Nov 27, 2008
S. Maine
I have a 2008 Harman Accentra FS which has been flawless. Over the last two days with this extreme Arctic outbreak; -15 this AM. I notice the top of the stove was not hot at all, almost cool to the touch. Also, a large amount of ash and unburned pellets starting building up in the burn pot. The ash pan is almost 100% full after burning about 17 bags since the last cleaning a week ago. I have the feed rate on 4, this never changes and I crank the stove temp to 85 with the blower on high.

I clean this stove every week, however, I have not cleaned the flu since the big cleaning in October. I have put through 108 bags of LGs since then. I plan to do this this morning for sure.

Also, when I went to pull apart this morning, I noticed that it looked like someone painted a black lacquer on the inside bottom panel of the door and the same thing under the center of the ash pan when I removed it. And there was almost no ash in at the bottom on either side of the ash pan, usually, there is quite a bit.

Any ideas on this one?
Thanks!

OAK might be frozen are partially blocked. I know the outside of my OAK is icy, but stove is still performing normal.

Reactions: CtPaul
sounds like an air issue...clean the exhaust and check intake as suggested.

Reactions: CtPaul
Thanks for the suggestions guys, I cleaned the outside vent and it was clogged real good. I changed the door gasket, used a drill bit on burn pot, sure enough some clogged holes towards the back and gave it the vacuum cleaning of a life time. Waiting on door gasket to cure for an hour and will fire her up.

I have a 2008 Harman Accentra FS which has been flawless. Over the last two days with this extreme Arctic outbreak; -15 this AM. I notice the top of the stove was not hot at all, almost cool to the touch. Also, a large amount of ash and unburned pellets starting building up in the burn pot. The ash pan is almost 100% full after burning about 17 bags since the last cleaning a week ago. I have the feed rate on 4, this never changes and I crank the stove temp to 85 with the blower on high.

I clean this stove every week, however, I have not cleaned the flu since the big cleaning in October. I have put through 108 bags of LGs since then. I plan to do this this morning for sure.

Also, when I went to pull apart this morning, I noticed that it looked like someone painted a black lacquer on the inside bottom panel of the door and the same thing under the center of the ash pan when I removed it. And there was almost no ash in at the bottom on either side of the ash pan, usually, there is quite a bit.

Any ideas on this one?
Thanks!
Makes sense, 2 tons, time to clean the vent.

Good call guys! My buddy went through it thoroughly, burn pot holes, outside vent, new door gasket. It's burning like day one! Funny, thing was I planned to clean the flue to the outside today anyway. Turns out I was a week late!

Moral of the story. Keep your stove clean!

Status
Not open for further replies.