[Harman Accentra] noisy distribution fan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Trefix

Dec 17, 2011
Lozere, France
Bonjour.

With a little 'rrrring' from distribution fan since a few days, I pulled it off (3 wires, 2 bolts), removed dust (paintbrush and compressed-air) then slightly tightened the little bolts (torx) fixing fan cases on support.

No more 'rrrring' 8) But now fan's sometime squeaking X(

Impellers seems to be fixed on electric drive with a floating axle, extreme bearings mounted inside rubber supports. Squeak seems to come from drive, not from bearings.

Has anyone ever disassembled this sort of fan, here, please?

Thanks.

(stove is the one shown in my signature)

Édith says:

Sick & @home, I have time... Found this thread:

Fortunately I've got a good old 'English-French' dictionary :D

Will try to take pics... This 14 years old fan freely spins by hand. Are there ball- or plain- bearings at the ends?

Last edited:
Hello. Self response :D With pics!

That's a well-designed mechanical part. First, unmount from stove, then unmount 'fan-drive-fan' assembly from mounting plate (8 bolts, screwdriver with Torx 20 end).

Impeller's case is just set on drive mount with 4 slots. First, bend the little piece of plate that's locking.
Imagepipe_98.jpg

Then, turn slowly by hand...
Imagepipe_99.jpg

Pull-off case with impeller. End bearing is just a nylon nut in a rubber.
Imagepipe_100.jpg

Drive side is a conical crowned rubber, just plugged on smooth axle
Imagepipe_101.jpg

Use a screwdriver with Torx 15 end to remove drive-mount. Motor axle with spacer, washer, synthetic washer. Be careful with grounding lug too...
Imagepipe_103.jpg

Note that rotor is factory centered. Don't reverse the assembly. One end of the rotor has an imprint (AL here)
Imagepipe_104.jpg
Imagepipe_105.jpg

Drive-mount with bronze (?) plain bearing, stuck in a supple silent-block
Imagepipe_106.jpg

Assembly is easy. Don't forget to re-lock cases on drive-mounts...
Imagepipe_107.jpg

Cleaned and added just a drop of LHM (Citroën hight pressure-temp mineral hydraulic oil) here and there. Stove runs now, fan doesn't squeak anymore ;) Imagepipe_105.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: hinkle