Harman Accentra Pellet Stove.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg Ray

Nov 20, 2005
TX
I found out I do not have alot of choices on what to put in my Heatilator EL 42 series fireplace. Can put Quad 2700i in it but has a small firebox or a Avalon insert in it. But same problem, small firebox. But the dealer had the Harman Accentra pellet stove that would fit right in. We liked it except the price $3,380 plus $400 to install. Thanks to the Dallas/ Ft Worth area. But the dealer has been in business for 18 years and is 5 miles from the house. My questions are how long do these stoves last, motors, electronics. Since Harman has been bought out will parts be on hand for the next 10 years or so? Thought maybe some of the Harman dealers on the site might have some answers. Alot of money to spend if you cannot get parts, the dealer here said no problem on parts,,,,,,,, But we have all heard that story before. Just want to make sure! What do you guys think? Thanks Greg

Well 37 hits and no one can give me any advice? I guess I will not buy the Harman!

10 Hours is nothing................. :p

What do your supplies on pellet vs wood compare out at?
Do you have room to store and season wood 2 years out ETC......
your comparing wood to pellets with your stove choice Theres more to consider rather than just a name.
As far as parts and support I'm sure Harman will be around for a while and most parts are interchangeable between the models so as 1 model is phased out the parts SHOULD still be available....

GVA, Thats the problem. I have 2 cords of seasoned oak. Wood is not a problem or pellets. Its a heatilator fireplace that I cannot stick a big insert in!!!!!!!!! Thats why I was asking about the Harman pellet stoves. Do not want to mess with a small firebox on the smaller inserts. Like I said wood is not a problem or pellets, $200 for a ton of hardwood pellets and $200 for split oak stacked at the house. Also do not want to tear out the heatilator and start over. Thanks for your concern! Greg

I dont think support on the Harman stoves is going to be an issue.

Honestly if you already have the Oak wood I would think about getting an insert.....

But the lazy in me says sell the wood and buy the pellets!

Wood and pellets are about even money in my local and that was the big push for me to get a pellet stove.....that and the set it and forget it nature of the beast is NICE. I enjoyed burning wood and later I may get another wood stove but I will keep the pellet stove around also as it's great.

My Harman has worked for me great and I plan on buying a diff model for my mother once she gets her house setup.

Dont go with the Harman because it's the first brand you saw....check out several brands....they should have some that are about the same size.....

Englander is the next brand that comes to mind for me.....

One thing about Harman to remember, The company will not support or answer any questions. They offer 0 techinacl help or support. Many people including myself have called Harman directly when we have had issues and they refer you to your dealer. Please make sure you find a good knowledgable dealer who will provide parts and service for you after your purchase.

Thanks Joker, Im going to look at the Quadra-Fire today and compare stoves. I have not ruled out the 2700i wood burner. Thanks for all the help. Greg

I too was looking at both Harman and Quad. I ended up with a Quad Santafe and am very happy with it. I have had no problems what so ever. Mine is run off a digital thermo and all I do is fill it up with pellets once a day or so and clean it out once a week or so. I would highly recommend Quad from my experience thus far.

F7Joker said:
One thing about Harman to remember, The company will not support or answer any questions. They offer 0 techinacl help or support. Many people including myself have called Harman directly when we have had issues and they refer you to your dealer. Please make sure you find a good knowledgable dealer who will provide parts and service for you after your purchase.

you also need to keep in mind here that Harman ANSWERS their phone where most other manufactures have an automated system.

Also keep in mind, this time of year Harman techs are busy taking calls from dealers in the field trying to fix stoves that are NOT running. That is why they try to refer you to your dealer. just some food for thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.