HARMAN ACCENTRA QUESTION

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plowboy

Mar 9, 2008
Indiana
We had a new Harman Accentra put in a week or so ago and I just thought of something. When the dealer installed it, I watched him put three pieces of that insulated rope down in that space that is right at the top of the burn box. Those of you with the Accentra knows what space I'm talking about. I asked him why he is stuffing that slot with the rope and his answer was, the company said to do it. Well, I failed to ask him why... Does anyone know why that slot has to be stuffed with that rope? I don't know if the ash falls down there if it goes through all the way and maybe does something to the burner? If that space was open does the flame come out of there?
I won't know till I give it it's first good cleaning this spring, then I will take the rope out and see if that space is open at the bottom.
Just wondering if someone that had their Accentra for a while knows what is with that slot above the burn box.

Thanks,

Bill

Do you mean behind the flame guide?

Maybe you can post a pic. I don't think mine has what you describe.

Could it be that he put the rope gasket on the edge of the side of the burn pot for the flame guide to rest on ? I have be told about pellets pushing the flame guide off of the burn pot and this is a quick fix. But also that would be becuase of carbon build up in the burn pot which would funnel the pellets upward. If you don't chip the carbon away, cleaning time, at the end of the auger then the carbon will funnel the pellets upward.

Status
Not open for further replies.