harman accentra status light blinks 3 times

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

koufer

Oct 25, 2014
new brunswick
Hey guys, My 4 year old harman accentra insert status light blinks 3 times and wont ignite unless lighting with fluid and when i light it burns very low, fans never shut off unless i unplug it. Have already changed esp probe and still doing same. changed dipswitch setting and still doing the same thing. Also not sure if I got dipswitches in correct positions as they are hard to operate without hitting other ones. Any help would be great. Thanks

3 blinks means the the exhaust sensing probe has failed,broken connection,or has gone out of range too many times.try doing a manual reset by unplugging for a few seconds and plug it back in see if this fixes the problem.

Does it operate correctly and run a full test cycle if you place the switch in the test position? IE fans run on high, auger turns, then after a minute the fans shift to low and then it shuts off. or something similar to that, could be off on the times. Also, has any work or cleaning been done on the unit prior to this issue arising? Things I have found that can cause the blower to not shut off are either a bad esp, bad esp wiring or connection, vaccum line, or the vacuum/pressure switch.

Does it operate correctly and run a full test cycle if you place the switch in the test position? IE fans run on high, auger turns, then after a minute the fans shift to low and then it shuts off. or something similar to that, could be off on the times. Also, has any work or cleaning been done on the unit prior to this issue arising? Things I have found that can cause the blower to not shut off are either a bad esp, bad esp wiring or connection, vaccum line, or the vacuum/pressure switch.
when in the test position the blowers and feed motors start but after about 5 seconds the status light begins to blink 3 times repeatedly the blowers stay on high but when put in any other position on the dial the fan speed slow slightly but will not ignite and just pushes pellets over burn pot eventually. I think the exhaust fan stays on high but the cumbustion fan slows because if I light it manually it burns low. I noticed the status light blinking about a month after the season ended this spring so i just unplugged it figuring it would go away when I started it just a week ago. I have cleaned it thinking maybe just dirt in system but to no avail. then i changed esp probe and still the same. I havent tried vacuum switch or vacuum pressure line checks. I will check the vacuum hose but I don't know how to check switch. I have taken the circuit board to my brother inlaw to check over as he is a electronics tech. Thanks for responding

Status
Not open for further replies.