harman accentra

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trush

Mar 30, 2011
central bucks pa
i just picked up a harman accentra for 750 on craigslist its says 2002 on the back... so its pretty old ...i dont have the room probe? can it still run without it?? im new to harman i would like to run it on a thermostat

the auto ignitor appears to be having problems i did get it running on manual mode ...took awhile before the room blower kicked on

ant tips appreciated

The first thing before anything else is to clean the crap out of it, literally and figuratively.

Last edited:
Accentra is an awesome stove.

Manual mode doesn't need or use the room probe.

Make sure burnpot holes are all open, an allen wrench or drill bit works well for this task. Just don't push down too far as you can contact the igniter. Also clean all the ashes out of the burnpot via plate that can be removed. Finally tap on burn pot a few times with cleaning tool to knock ashes off of igniter fins. If this doesnt help then igniter may be weak, or ignition fuel charge settings may be wrong so enough fuel may not be augered into butpot.

Most Harman's as far as I know still need the room probe to get high output even in manual or Stove Temp mode. They tend to go into a maintenance burn and that could explain why it took long for the room fan to kick in. I don't know if this was the case on a 2002 model or not but I know later models just need to know the resistance is there from the room probe, even if running in stove temp mode. If you take one leg and disconnect the room probe from a later Harman, it will never put out full potential. Least that is my understanding of it , based on people who had problems here in the forum with defective probes.

Seems not all boards reqiure the room probe.
Read the manual a couple times and check for videos on cleaning. Probably chain drive so that will require some attention.
Good luck

Use with a milivolt thermostat is well documented on this forum. Basically place thermostat in series with one of the room probe wires and stove terminal. Works quite well on a stove that wasn't initially designed for one.

Not sure if this is the right place to post but My Harman accents insert is constantly feeding pellets to the point of over flow then trip with no ignition on start up. The burn pot on top gets warm and pellets get warm. Let me take a step back to tell you what I did. The stove was removed outside to be cleaned for the year ( detailing it/ repainted) the igniter was removed from the burn pot and from the holder it's in so I could wire brush the holder and burn pot clean then I have the holder a light painting to keep it lasting longer. On first start up no ignition so I thought I put wire together backwards so I started it manually till I could swap them. Later after swapping them I started the stove with igniter out of burn pot so I could see if it got red. It seemed to work fine. So I reinstalled it thinking ibputvit in wrong but it only would go in one way. So I'm at the point of thinking it's may not be getting hot enough or something.

IMG_4127.PNG
IMG_4128.PNG
You can jumper the room probe with a room thermostat and when it doesn't call for heat it just puts it in a 4 blink error acting like there is no probe

Not sure if this is the right place to post but My Harman accents insert is constantly feeding pellets to the point of over flow then trip with no ignition on start up. The burn pot on top gets warm and pellets get warm. Let me take a step back to tell you what I did. The stove was removed outside to be cleaned for the year ( detailing it/ repainted) the igniter was removed from the burn pot and from the holder it's in so I could wire brush the holder and burn pot clean then I have the holder a light painting to keep it lasting longer. On first start up no ignition so I thought I put wire together backwards so I started it manually till I could swap them. Later after swapping them I started the stove with igniter out of burn pot so I could see if it got red. It seemed to work fine. So I reinstalled it thinking ibputvit in wrong but it only would go in one way. So I'm at the point of thinking it's may not be getting hot enough or something.
Seems your describing 2 issues. First the primary issue is the feeding. Should only feed pellets for a limited amount of time and then in brief spurts till the ESP circuit detects ignition.
Second issue of ignition may be related to door and ash bin gaskets failing to seal well enough to provide robust air flow through the igniter and I see you joined in 2013 so stove probably 3 plus years old. Have you tried the dollar bill test on the doors?

Double check that you installed igniter bracket correctly, otherwise heat won't get to pellets properly. Also ckeck that all of the burnpot holes are open and not carboned up. Igniter could also be weak.

Repeated start attempts without ignition will overflow burnpot.

Seems your describing 2 issues. First the primary issue is the feeding. Should only feed pellets for a limited amount of time and then in brief spurts till the ESP circuit detects ignition.
Second issue of ignition may be related to door and ash bin gaskets failing to seal well enough to provide robust air flow through the igniter and I see you joined in 2013 so stove probably 3 plus years old. Have you tried the dollar bill test on the doors?
I haven't checked the door gasket yet but I do know when I open the door the feed stops and it feeds enough to start then stops but cycles on after like a min or go feeding more just tho Got it was the start up sequence programmed by harman

Double check that you installed igniter bracket correctly, otherwise heat won't get to pellets properly. Also ckeck that all of the burnpot holes are open and not carboned up. Igniter could also be weak.

Repeated start attempts without ignition will overflow burnpot.
Stove was just over hauled and cleaned as close as I could get to new
And for the year so all holes were wire brushed/ wheeled clean

so im setting this up ...freestanding accentra stove in front of my fireplace ...and sending a flex ss pipe up the chimney past the damper then insulation....i have it running full blast ....ive been reading about rumbing noises or helicopter sound ....and im getting it :(

Well hopefully when you get it idled back some it will stop. I was able to induce the pulse rocket on demand with one pellet brand at will. Check out rocket stoves on youtube.

Ok update on my harman acentra insert igniter, when I took the holder apart for a really good cleaning I put the curved part in upside down pushing the heat forward instead of up towards burn pot so and the stove is designed to push pellets 3 times incase the stove was run dry so it was acting perfect just not igniting in time to prevent overflowing burn pot

Glad you got it sorted out and without cost:)

Glad to hear you got it fixed, and forum also values repair findings for others to learn from.

I've personally learned a lot just reading about past issues and where to go looking within the stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.