Harman Acentra Vs Acentra 2.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

UGENE

Apr 3, 2022
North Maine
Long time burner here since the days of $125/ton corn and $180 pellets.
I started out not long after their introduction with two PC45s burning rye and barley for a few years until the commodities markets made it unfeasible.
By that time Harman had come out with a few parts and pieces to convert them to more efficiently burn pellets and have been using one for home heat until two years ago when I found an Acentra 2 for $600. Ha!
You KNOW I dropped everything and drove the two yours down to the coast to grab that girl.
Since that time, I picked up a couple of P61s that were left for dead and with a couple of hours of cleaning, both started right up and self ignited,
A fair amount of grinding and sanding and painting, and one is now in my living room where the Acentra was due to it not being quite big enough to heat the upstairs of my split level ranch.
Yuge amount of difference in the amount of heat.
I'm thinking that the Acentra isn't quite as efficient as either the PC45 or the P61.
Anyway, here is a question about the Acentra:
What's the difference, and where is the break between the two models?

Last edited: