Harman P43 or P61? Off Grid Power Consumption and Run Times?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
LOL people ride around in "bombs" every day, and let them run, unattended, in cold weather, all the time.
Helping out here, and having to look up stove manuals, there are some, usually,if not all, cheaper stoves, that says right in the manual, "DO not run stove unattended". I would never own such a device!
Well I guess that puts a whole new perspective on things. I didn't realize that some stove say that. So yeah, a better quality stove is a must if you are planning on leaving it. Also, make sure that you aren't fudging the clearance factors to flammables.

Reactions: Mt Bob
Well, the P68, running wide open, will eat slightly less than 5 bags in 24 hours,I do believe.
I trust my stoves to run when I am not home, implicitly. That is why I have quality stoves.
Don't think I could trust a $300 stove.
My point was they could easily run out of pellets in the hopper and come back to a house that's frozen.

Reactions: Mt Bob