Harman Advance installed today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maineline

Jun 21, 2008
Central Maine
I'm one of the many newbie's to pellet stoves and have been learning a lot over the last few months from all of you. I had looked at so many stoves and then searched on this forum for the good , bad and ugly on each of them. Overall there are a lot of good stoves to chose from. I finally narrowed it down the the Harman, for it's looks and the features I was looking for. I took the plunge in the middle of May, they had a promotion of 1/2 ton with purchase, so I got 2 tons total and a few extras. It's funny how there are always a few extras, but anyway, one of the extras was to have the exhaust go up through the roof. The exhaust run was about 20 ft and they suggested I go with a 4" vent. It all seemed to go well.

After they finished the install, they ran me through the basics of starting and the controls of the stove. I ran it for about an hour on high to cure the stove. That stove cranked out the heat for an 80 degree day!

And that had me thinking. The room I put the stove in is were I have my home theater. One of the heat exchanger tubes on each side blows at an angle from the front of the stove. One of them is blowing at the TV. It's more that 4 feet away, do I have anything to worry about. I was hoping that someone has had this problem before.

My pellet stove isn't upstairs but my big wood stove is. There has been a wood stove in the fireplace for 23 years cranking with the blower blowing toward the TV five or six feet away all of those years. The first TV in that room lasted from 1985 to 2001.

Thanks Brother that puts my mind at ease. Waiting for my last 2 tons to come in and the 2 that I have should last me the winter. I have a small ranch (1000sf) and I'm hoping this stove will do a good job heating and using my furnace only on the cold days.

My Advance heats my 1st floor 1200 sq.ft when its cranking it is in the 72-78 degree range and up stairs hallway is always around 70-72 range, I had to move my thermostat upstairs because the heat would never kick on.It is also a new house that is well insulated.

Status
Not open for further replies.