Harman Advance Log Set

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick5472

Oct 19, 2008
Columbia, MD
I have had my Harman Advance up and lit off for about a week now. The wife thought that she wanted the log set that goes with the stove. I have been reading these forums for about that long and it seems that the log sets break easily and I am wondering if they are worth it? I paid about $60 for the ceramic log and bracket kit. I have yet to install the log set since I have been having an intermittent vibration in my stove and I wanted to clear that up before installing the log set. Since I haven't installed it yet and given the potential for disaster I was considering returning it and leaving it out. I do have the airwash brackets on the glass and I have heard that the log set interferes with the airwash system. I just wanted to get opinions on if the log set was worth the trouble or not. The $60 will get me another 10 bags of pellets here in Maryland.....

Buy the pellets. I've never personally used the log kit, but I have heard they fall apart after a season or two.

That's what I was thinking....I will take the set back this weekend while the wife is away........I did find Pennington pellets at BJ's this morning for $5.49 a bag so I can get an extra !

Starting 4th season with the log set and while it is still 100% intact it looks and feels brittle. It does disperse the flame so the fire looks nicer.

The log set looks nice, but every time you open the door to scrape to pot, ash collects on it and falls on the floor, I put mine in for Holidays and summer time for looks.

BXpellet said:
The log set looks nice, but every time you open the door to scrape to pot, ash collects on it and falls on the floor, I put mine in for Holidays and summer time for looks.

Those are my plans for my log set also, holidays & for looks.

I find the log set to be more of a pain when I clean the stove.

Yeah, it looks nice, but almost impossible to not get ash everywhere when you take it out to clean.

I am still debating on keeping it or not. Seem that it is a pain to clean the stove with it so I will probably take it back as previously noted.

Status
Not open for further replies.