harman advance Q's

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

corkman

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Dec 3, 2009
SE,Mass
i just picked up a 6 year old Harman Advance.has been sitting idle for the past 3 years as the owner was overseas.its in need of a good cleaning but other than that i stole it for $400 with the pipe and floor pad included.
1st question.....i put the stove in test mode and both blower lights are on as is the auger light.all ran and seem to be working fine.however there is no light coming on to the igniter.owner had disclosed that it needed an igniter in the ad.should the light still be on for the igniter even if it is bad or is this an indication that there is a problem at the board.if i remove igniter do i hook it to a test cord or is there a different method of testing it.do i need to remove it to test it.
2nd question....door does not seem to sit right.seems like a real heavy door for such a wide span.when i engage the locking mechanism it doesnt suck the door in tight.is there an adjustment for the door.as is it fails the dollar bill test.i plan on tearing this thing down and redoing gaskets but was wondering what adjustments can be made if any.
Thanks in ADVANCE,Corkman

Igniter wont activate until vacuum is achieved. So if bad door gasket, poor exhaust path or fan or lastly bad vacuum switch, no igniter. A complete tare down outside of install area you can test igniter or just jump the vac switch for test purposes. Havent first hand knowledge of door issue of this model. Gaskets are an easy issue and the stove is 6 years old and is due. Not a hard project. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.