Harman Allure

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Very similar in looks to the Ravelli and Castle stoves... Difference in price tags though;)

Reactions: rich2500
Looks a lot like the Enviro Mini ,P3 and P4

Reactions: rich2500
Very similar in looks to the Ravelli and Castle stoves... Difference in price tags though;)
big difference, but I like that it's a bottom feeder like the other Harmans and it only needs 6" of side clearence

Looks nice...kinda like my Ecoteck Elena.....but lots of people have said that these modern-looking stoves won't sell well in the US.
Efficiency looks nothing special though...80%....can't Harman engineering do better than that?

Efficiency looks nothing special though...80%....can't Harman engineering do better than that?

I'm sure not only Harman but all stove manufactures could do better that 80%. But would we pay for it?

My personal opinion on making stoves more than 80% efficient is not as hard as you might think BUT the maintenance would be several times harder and more often. Wood fuel is dirty and so is the exhaust gas.
Ron

Looks nice...kinda like my Ecoteck Elena.....but lots of people have said that these modern-looking stoves won't sell well in the US.
The reason we went with the Ecoteck/Ravelli stove was we didn't want your typical wood stove look...

As to the efficiency, the Mount Vernon E2 was shooting for 87%. The explosive glass problem seems to have been related to too tight an air/fuel ratio. The "fix" resulted in a drop of efficiency to 81.6%.

very very similar to my Ravelli

The Vincenza is very much like the Elena Air. The biggest difference is the separate fan controls for each duct. The hopper size is the same, the btus are roughly the same. My complaint with the Elena is the small ash pan. Have to be a bit cautious in filling the hopper as pellets can escape but Vinceza may have that issue with the open trivet.

well I done the unthinkable and ordered an Allure 50. I didn't want the glass front so getting the stove in satin black but will more than likely take the side panels and columns to work and paint them white. Next season I'm going 100 % pellet heat and needed a stove with a bigger hopper and the Allure is the stove that will work best for my corner install. Dealer will have the stove this thursday so I'm planning to install it next weekend.

well I done the unthinkable and ordered an Allure 50. I didn't want the glass front so getting the stove in satin black but will more than likely take the side panels and columns to work and paint them white. Next season I'm going 100 % pellet heat and needed a stove with a bigger hopper and the Allure is the stove that will work best for my corner install. Dealer will have the stove this thursday so I'm planning to install it next weekend.
Please let us know how it works out because I am deciding between this and the absolute 63
Good luck!

Been using it since Saturday and it's working good

Reactions: Mt Bob