Harman availability

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

John H

Mar 2, 2006
Day or Night Home & Hearth in Hanover MD has Harman pellet stoves in stock. The service guy was by my house friday and said that they had bought up someone elses stock.
John

Nice to hear that they are readily available on the floor in MD, but I did speak with my Pellet stove guy up here in CT, and my Harman is still on schedule for Nov. delivery. I imagine that after some readers up here in the north read your post they might be thinking of a road trip down south...

I don't think so, i had my ,rather the stove shop i was going to purchase a harman pro 38 from, called me
and say they would not be getting the stove i orderd but would sell me a similar model p-40 something for
3100.00 thats 900.00 more than i was going to pay.
i told her that i had since purchased a quadrafire from aonther dealer and have it installed in my home 08/15/08
it was a good scheme but it did n't work on me

I live in South-Central PA and as of last week my Harman dealer only had two models left (an Advance and a P68 in a Elderburg, MD. location) I bought the Advance the next morning and one day later the last model between two stores was sold. They told me that they can't get any more until November. I really liked the anniversary model but I did not want to wait until November. What if I miss out then? I think the advance is stylish looking and the only downside I read in reviews is they sometimes have a rattle.

I thought I read an article online that the shortage is temporary and that Harman intends to come out with new models eventually that have wall thermostats instead of the temp probe.

Status
Not open for further replies.