Harman burn pot internal parts ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

02809bristol

Mar 9, 2014
Rhode Island
Hello,
While cleaning my parents Harman 52i , I removed clean out plate by loosening thumb screws. Could someone please tell me what internal parts are inside the burn pot.
Reason I ask there is small rectangular piece of metal that hangs down in the opening. The Harman is under warranty still , they purchased it September 2014. Stove seems to work fine.
Is it part of igniter ?

Ignitor.

Hello,
While cleaning my parents Harman 52i , I removed clean out plate by loosening thumb screws. Could someone please tell me what internal parts are inside the burn pot.
Reason I ask there is small rectangular piece of metal that hangs down in the opening. The Harman is under warranty still , they purchased it September 2014. Stove seems to work fine.
Is it part of igniter ?
that is the Igniter that sends hot air thru the burnpot holes to light the pellets..

Should it be loose and hang down?
NO......
Those 2 small bolts on the front of the burn pot keep it fastened.
If your unsure of how to refasten it,
call your dealer since it's under warranty. Or.
Gently tap it a bit with your finger as it may be fastened.[ shouldn't move] ...
it IS positioned in the middle of the inside of the burnpot and May Look like it's just hanging there But it should Not Move.

Status
Not open for further replies.