Harman ESP removal???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shtrdave

Feeling the Heat
Feb 13, 2012
SW PA
I looked in the manual but it doesn't say how to get it out and it seems a bit vague on where it is located. If I take the blower cover off the back can I get to it to pull it out, I would like to give my pipes a good cleaning and think it would be easier if this was removed.

thanks

If you remove the lower you right rear shield (as you face the stove) you can get to it. First loosen two 5/16 screws at the side & then completely remove the one at the top of that shield. Look for the exhaust tube You will see two wires (probably RED) attached to the end of the ESP. There is a small bracket on the ESP, held in place by a 1/4" zip screw. Remove the screw & pull the ESP straight out of the exhaust. While you're in there, you might as well clean out the fines box under the hopper. That cover is held in place with a wing nut...HTH

I have done the fines deal last year and will I found for me that was easy to do by taking the control board out and it is right there easy to get to.

Thank you for the info my blower cover is slotted so I don't have to take the screws out, the dealer did that when they brought it I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.