Harman Invincible T Series: Older Stove - I don't See an Outside Air Intake

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bham

Hearth Supporter
Oct 29, 2007
Northern NY
I just pick this up used with no users manual. I was installing it and I noticed it doesn't seem to have a outside fresh air intake? Is this correct? Is this Safe?

Yes it is safe. The air intake is actually located on the side of the feeder body, it looks like a little metal flapper (maybe 2" X 1"). This unit does not have the typical air intake as the units of today. They weren't made with the optional outside air. The Pro Pellet II was built with the same type of feeder.

Thank you - the stove seems to run very well but I am concerned about its age. Do you have any tips or advice? It seems to spend a lot of time in the low cycle and I wish it ran a bit hotter. Can this stove survive a limited corn/pellet mix?

I wouldn't be to concerned about it's age.. My dad has a pellet pro II that was bought new in 98' and is running as strong today as it did back then.
You could try to install a thermostat on the unit which will allow the unit to run at a higher pace when the unit is calling for heat then drop back down to a maintence burn once the temperature is satisfued.

I'm not sure if burning a corn/pellet mixture would work or not, I never tried it personally.

Thanks - yes I have done that and have fine tuned some of the settings. It seems to be working well. Very solid - older but much better than the big box brand that I inherited when I originally bought my house. In less than 5 years, I replaced bearings, augers, and blowers on it. I liked burning pellets but not that stove. I am pretty happy with this - I just wish there was an after market - auto light kit and that I could find some other members that are using this same model. I am suspecting it was manufactured in the mid 1990's and at this point most people have upgraded to better stoves.

Again - thank you for your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.