Harman...Non resetable 3 blink code and igniter wont work

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

iceguy4

Minister of Fire
Nov 16, 2011
Upstate, NY
My igniter has little use and I will test it but I suspect it is ok. Also I have been poking around this site and have read the ESP being replaced doesn't fix this problem as well. Blower runs and feed motor runs as well , feed motor will not sustain combustion... thanks in advance for your time

Air flow past the igniter can be an issue. Ash in the works there can prevent ignition during the window allowed which will stop pellet feed when the window expires.

Air flow past the igniter can be an issue. Ash in the works there can prevent ignition during the window allowed which will stop pellet feed when the window expires.
agreed smokey...but I get no ignition light. when I do a reset(turn power off and on) the status light will remain steady till the feed motor first comes on then immediately reverts to the 3 blink code. I PM'ed to members who had a similar problem that replacing the ESP did not fix.
Unlike them I will post the fix here. with my luck I'm betting it will be the board...2 1/2 seasons....what would I expect...:(

agreed smokey...but I get no ignition light. when I do a reset(turn power off and on) the status light will remain steady till the feed motor first comes on then immediately reverts to the 3 blink code. I PM'ed to members who had a similar problem that replacing the ESP did not fix.
Unlike them I will post the fix here. with my luck I'm betting it will be the board...2 1/2 seasons....what would I expect...:(

Board or wiring (loose connection maybe).

im curious, i came home to a 3 blink code, and a very lazy burn with glowing pellets overflowing the burnpot. mine reset with an unplug. but i feel like im not getting enough airflow because after a half day or so i have so much ash on the burn pot the flame is getting lazy again and i have to scrape

older harman advance

im curious, i came home to a 3 blink code, and a very lazy burn with glowing pellets overflowing the burnpot. mine reset with an unplug. but i feel like im not getting enough airflow because after a half day or so i have so much ash on the burn pot the flame is getting lazy again and i have to scrape

older harman advance

Clean the stove. Usually igniter issues are either the air flow into the igniter area is block at least partially.

Then we have the ever popular full fines box, bad gaskets, haven't really cleaned out the exhaust system it starts just above the burn pot and ends outside after the vent termination.

If you device has a flapper they have been known to get stuck in a less than ideal open vs closed state.

This time of year you can have a clogged or frozen over OAK or even a partially snow blocked vent start in by cleaning everything.

Well I held out hope one of the people who had this same problem would chime in but no such luck. I searched here and found two who did and they said replacing the ESP did not fix the problem...so I have chosen to have a professional come as to not replace unnecessary parts. Anyway, I'll keep you posted he is due 2/26...

Don2222 posted that he fixed a the 3 blink situation which is esp related on another Harman stove after replacing the ESP (make sure that the control board and esp type match) you need to remove power from the stove wait a bit and restore power to the stove.

He posted here

The reset done after this is a hard one involving removing power from the stove according to the various manuals I've found online if the reset doesn't work it is time to call out the service guy.

I'd make sure that the esp is clean and making a good connection at the control board and then do the hard reset and see if things are still bad or fine and dandy.

Well, I had my P52i ESP and board replaced (under warranty) following a similar issue. They seem to have an updated board and sensor out.

Did you clean the stove, igniter chamber, ESP and vent? We have seen some issues where the ESP was all covered in ash making the stove do some silly stuff... so if its not a cleaning issue and the code will not go away you need a pro with a computer to plug in and check the readings.

All fixed :)

Ok.I had just come off the road from a 4500+ mile week so excuse my short reply... so here goes
Long and short of it...ESP. Now for the long...Since my igniter was in-operable and 3 blink code was non resettable like two other posters here that said an ESP did not fix I chose not to attempt to fix on my own. ( kinda irks me as neither poster posted a remediation... and I did not trust my own skillsets....cost me a C note... but hind sight is always 20/20) so here is the nuts and bolts of it.... the Harman tester instantly pinpointed to the room temp ESP saying an errant 575°... now this explains everything else...stove sensing an overheat locked out the igniter and put feed motor in shutdown mode feeding just enough pellets to prevent a hopper fire and extinguish the flame.
Now some further info for PB owners....the technition recommended the following since Harman has only promised parts for 10 years...buy and have on hand a 10 rpm feed motor...a mother board...and an igniter(pressure) Parts not common to other stoves... He also said an air pump but recanted stating an aquarium pump would work. ... In closing to the takers here who choose not to give...may the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits ...and a special thanks to those who do help out....

Ok.I had just come off the road from a 4500+ mile week so excuse my short reply... so here goes
Long and short of it...ESP. Now for the long...Since my igniter was in-operable and 3 blink code was non resettable like two other posters here that said an ESP did not fix I chose not to attempt to fix on my own. ( kinda irks me as neither poster posted a remediation... and I did not trust my own skillsets....cost me a C note... but hind sight is always 20/20) so here is the nuts and bolts of it.... the Harman tester instantly pinpointed to the room temp ESP saying an errant 575°... now this explains everything else...stove sensing an overheat locked out the igniter and put feed motor in shutdown mode feeding just enough pellets to prevent a hopper fire and extinguish the flame.
Now some further info for PB owners....the technition recommended the following since Harman has only promised parts for 10 years...buy and have on hand a 10 rpm feed motor...a mother board...and an igniter(pressure) Parts not common to other stoves... He also said an air pump but recanted stating an aquarium pump would work. ... In closing to the takers here who choose not to give...may the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits ...and a special thanks to those who do help out....

I having the same problem. Didn’t understand your post. Was the fix a new control board, a feed motor, and an igniter? Sorry it just doesn’t seem clear to me.

Fireside, if you posted your issue in a new thread you may get more answers. this is an old thread and the OP hasn't been around in a few years, don't forget to give make, model, year built. we have some great Harman folks here. ;)