HARMAN P 61A/2 Starts after it has put at least a cup of unburnt pellets in the ash pan. On start up the mag. gauge goes to .70 then drops back to .68

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

tman1

Oct 23, 2011
west b.c.
In trying to find out what the score is, I left the Igniter plate off, when I started the stove the mag. showed .54 - .55.. The stove started before the second auger push. So how does one reduce the start up on the new board 3-20-05886F, as that seems to be the problem with the non start...

You lost me. You left the burn pot ash clean out plate off? Why? I would be surprised if it would self light.
Directions/settings come with the new control board.

The inspection plate on the underside of the burn pot..
Stove lit before the second auger push..
Instructions with new board were followed with a t..
Nowhere does say anything about the very high draft when in start mode..
The black in this case ESP is new..

It is a ash clean out plate, and it must be in place for stove to light and run properly. "High Draft" test on a Harman is .50-.60"WC. The combustion blower speed will change according to programming, and the newer the board, the more active it is, for cleaner burning, less emissions. Yours may be a tad high, or your gauge may be off, but I don't see a problem. And there is a adjustment screw for it, can make somewhat of a difference.

The adjustment screw is cranked down as low as I can get it without the unit blinking.. .18 to .20 on the low burn...