Harman P35i flue restriction question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike16W

Jun 21, 2011
New Mexico
This is my first year with a pellet stove and with my new Harman P35i insert. The insert pushes up against a metal bracket and a gasket. The metal has two small rectangular openings, one for the exhaust and one for the OAK. The opening the for exhaust is smaller than the opening on the stove outlet and I am wondering if it would be wise to remove some of the metal on the bracket so it matches up with the stove exhaust bracket or does the stove need some back pressure or should I leave well enough alone? I hope my description is good enough to explain my question.

Thanks

Can't answer your question, but I think its awesome that you wanna port & polish your pellet stove!

Even though you think you may be (and might actually be) helping the issue by enlarging the hole yourself, you are actually modifying a UL listed allpiance NOT to manufacturer's or design specifications, and would be invalidating the warrantee....my suggestion would be to leave well enough alone.......but, of course, run it by your dealer!

Thanks for the suggestions. I am not to impressed by Harman's OAK and was thinking that the exhaust flue system was just another idea that was not thought out very well and it could be improved.

smoke show said:
.....its awesome that you wanna port & polish your pellet stove!

Hey, it's all about airflow through the head....ah, er, I mean stove. :cheese:

Status
Not open for further replies.