Harman p38 circuit board

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SirBarksalot

Jan 11, 2008
Holmes NY
The other night smelt burning plastic. set off smoke detectors. Killed the stove aired out the room.
Now if I power the stove on both blowers run auger motor does nothing. Also it's not going through the test
mode when I go from off to on. Have the unit ripped apart I don't see any damage to the board. But I'm not going
to remove all the wires until I have a replacement. Anybody think there could be something else other than the circuit board?

How does the auger motor look/smell. Does it turn freely, and have you tried jumping power to it to see if it isnt whats cooked?

doesn't smell. moves freely. Didn't jumper it. Dealer had the board. Thought I would have to order it and wait a week.

It wasn't the circuit board. So i jumped the auger motor it works fine. need to see a schematic

I bypassed the low pressure switch same symptoms. Disconnected the esp probe. jumped the connector. Auger ran.
I'm thinking now maybe a piece of bag fell in the hopper got pushed through the auger. caused the smoke higher heat
of burning plastic took out probe. Probe still might be good. Think I will replace any way. Anyone know what the low pressure sensor is for?
Maybe keeps the auger from running if the door is open

cleaned sensor with steal wool. Have it on Turbo right now My basement is getting warm. Tomorrow get to clean the advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.