Harman p43 buzzing sound not feeding

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Fireside

Jan 22, 2016
Durham
Hello,

looking for help again. Noticed an odd banging sound and feeder quit on my p43. Turned it off and When I turn it on it buzzes.In test mode it seems that the fans work but the feeder light doesn’t go on. It buzzes And it won’t feed pellets.

I am considering a clog. But it could be anything really - the motor, the esp prob, the vacuum switch?

Any input always appreciated.

Already cleaned the chimney and that seemed to work to get it back going again when it had a similar shut down the other day. Going to clean the esp probe next before I dive into checking for a blockage by the auger or pellet feeder.

Ok definitely the combustion motor fan. Clogged up cleaned it up and got it working for now. Dust bunnies and pellets. Also loose screws at the end. Not sure how long it will last. Ok to lube it?

When ever you have a problem with any stove clean it top to bottom and inside and out. The majority of issues are do to needing cleaned

Ok definitely the combustion motor fan. Clogged up cleaned it up and got it working for now. Dust bunnies and pellets. Also loose screws at the end. Not sure how long it will last. Ok to lube it?
You could try to lube the bearings, they are sealed and not sure how much lube will get in..I've always replaced them.. And always kept a backup combustion motor ready to go..

You had pellets clogging your combustion motor fan?

Reactions: railfanron
You had pellets clogging your combustion motor fan?

I've acquired several Harman P series stoves that had a surprising significant number of pellets lodged in the rear portion of the combustion blower assembly. I always assumed that they got there when a former owner had a bit of a disastrous hopper filling event and spilled pellets bounced up into the rear assembly. They do make a racket when the rear cooling fan wacks them.

YMMV,

Hugh