Harman P61 three flashes

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Kisinger

Oct 28, 2012
I have a Harman P61 not an auto lighting unit. I am getting a three flash error and the stove is at idle. I have cleaned the flue. Removed probe and cleaned. Replaced probe. Replaced control board. Any suggestions?

Replaced the ESP probe as in putting it back in or installing a new one? Manual states 3 blinks is a bad ESP probe.

Just had a 68 yesterday solve their 3 blink with new probe

How old of stove? Thinking the exhaust fan may not be up to speed if its 8 plus years old but that can flash another code. Dip switches set right for the color of ESP wire? Another thing there was a bad batch of ESPs

How old of stove? Thinking the exhaust fan may not be up to speed if its 8 plus years old but that can flash another code. Dip switches set right for the color of ESP wire? Another thing there was a bad batch of ESPs
The stove is at least 8 years old. I could use more info as to the dip switch settings. I went by the paperwork that came with the board and made sure it was set for the P61. It is the black wire probe. Is there any way to test the probe ie. Ohm setting and add heat or something along those lines? I traveled 2-1/2 hours today to get one on a Sunday. I don't relish the thought of making that trip again. Thanks for the help guys.

The exhaust fan was changed two years ago and seems to be running free.

Hello

Did you try a manual reset?

Also is DIP switch 5 set correctly?
Dip switch 5 is for ESP type
This switch needs to be off for any ESP probe other than RED.
Therefore, for the Black Probe, DIP switch 5 should be off.

Here is the complete list of status blinks 1-6 :)
No one manual has them all. :)

Harman Status Light Blinks (Error Codes)

2 Blinks only for P61-2 updated manual stove
5 Blinks only for Auto Light Stoves

1 Blink: Indicates control board self diagnostic failure.
This requires a manual reset*.
2 Blinks:Indicates that the jumper (J2) on the rear
of the control board is not connected. Without this
jumper the unit will only burn at minimum rate.
3 Blinks: Indicates ESP (Exhaust Sensing Probe)
failure. This requires a manual reset*.
4 Blinks: Can occur only in Room Temp Mode and
indicates Room Sensing Probe failed or not installed.
If a Room Sensing Probe is then installed the status
light will automatically reset.
5 Blinks (In Igniter Auto. Mode Only): Indicates
that the unit has failed to light within the 36 minute
start cycle. To reset - Turn Mode Selector to "OFF",
then turn to either mode again.)
6 Blinks : Indicates that the control has calculated poor
or incomplete combustion occurring for more than 50
minutes. See Troubleshooting section for more details.

* Manual reset, disconnect power cord for a few
seconds and reconnect. If error still occurs call your
Dealer.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I went back to the sheet that came with the new control board. I set the switches to the P61 settings. It was indeed dip switch 5. The drawing shows it on but there is a note at the bottom of the page that it should only be on for the red wire probe. Changed it and I have a beautiful burning stove with no errors. You guys are awesome. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.