Harman P61A 4 blink even after new room temp sensor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

aroberts4741

Nov 16, 2022
PA
Hey all, new here....I have a relatively new Harman P61A that ran fine the last two winters. I did a thorough cleaning of it yesterday, and went to fire it up for the first time this season, and I get the 4 blink code for the room temperature sensor. I had a thermostat wired to break the room temp sensor, so I removed that just to rule out a thermostat issue, and reconnected the room sensor wires. I still get the 4 blink code. I also have a new spare room sensor that does not have a wire cut to go through the thermostat. It does the same 4 blink status with the new intact sensor. I checked the connections in the back where the sensor passes through the back of the stove. I also checked the connections inside the stove from the passthrough to the control circuit board. They all look intact and healthy. I removed and reconnected both the room sensor and the red ESP wires just to be sure I was thorough. I'm not sure why I'm still getting the 4 blinks with two different sensors and everything definitely connected. Is there another sensor like the ESP that could cause the 4 blinks as well? I though the ESP was 3 blinks, right? Any help is appreciated....

Both of my stoves continually display the 4 blink when they aren't running because they each have a thermostat wired inline with the air temp probe. The blink goes out when the thermostat calls for heat and the stoves start up a cycle. Did you actually try to run the stove with it set up or did you just assume there was an issue?

However, that blinkage shouldn't be there when you install an unbroken air temp probe, so there could very well be an issue. Did you try resetting (unplug for a minute) the stove after you installed the unbroken probe?

Both of my stoves continually display the 4 blink when they aren't running because they each have a thermostat wired inline with the air temp probe. The blink goes out when the thermostat calls for heat and the stoves start up a cycle. Did you actually try to run the stove with it set up or did you just assume there was an issue?

However, that blinkage shouldn't be there when you install an unbroken air temp probe, so there could very well be an issue. Did you try resetting (unplug for a minute) the stove after you installed the unbroken probe?
Yes, my stove usually has the 4 blink when hooked to the thermostat when it isn't calling for heat. That part I understand. It still continues the 4 blink when the thermostat is calling for heat, as well as with the unbroken probe bypassing the thermostat.

I did try cycling power a few times, but no difference. I also tried moving the room temp knob, just to make sure the stove itself was calling for heat. Its definitely an odd problem....