Harman P61a constant mode

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magilla60

Nov 4, 2014
Bucks Cty Pa
Question I have had the stove for less than a week, love the heat my addition has never been warmer. Still trying to figure how get get it in the back of house. Any not my question, when in constant mode i had it set for 2 and feed rate 4 lowest fan setting seemed that the stove burned the entire time never seemed to adjust, my house was 76. I thought that when the ESP hit the temp for 2 it would shut down? is this not correct?

Question I have had the stove for less than a week, love the heat my addition has never been warmer. Still trying to figure how get get it in the back of house. Any not my question, when in constant mode i had it set for 2 and feed rate 4 lowest fan setting seemed that the stove burned the entire time never seemed to adjust, my house was 76. I thought that when the ESP hit the temp for 2 it would shut down? is this not correct?
I'm guessing you have it on stove temp? The stove won't shut down on stove temp, it will only shut down if in room temp.
Also, if set to manual, it will not shut down on its own.
If set to room temp auto, the stove will reach its set point, in degrees indicated on the dial, and it may shut off. If very cold it won't shut down because the room will cool and the thermistor will call for hear before shutdown can occur.
There is a great sticky called "what your manual doesn't tell you about your harman". Read that two or three times and it will give you some great working knowledge of your stove.
The P series is a great line, you will love it. They are very smart though, and you need to know how to use it to get the most out of it.

First - yrock has some very good points and suggestions on what to check - I'm guessing he is spot on (especially since you indicate the heat setting is on 2 - between 60 & 65 degrees). and please read the sticky that he mentions.

Second - If you are trying to heat farther rooms, my suggestion is to put the fan on high instead of low. That will force the air further out, while extracting a bit more heat from the stove (on low, a lot of heat is going up the exhaust pipe). Also, where is your sensor stationed? If it behind the stove, it may never feel how warm the temperature really is in the rest of the room. Some people don't have to move it, but if you have the stove next to a concrete wall, or poorly insulated wall, it will stay cool back there.

Status
Not open for further replies.