Harman P61A igniter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigjim13

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Jan 5, 2009
Central Vermont
My stove is going into its 6th season and we are still using our original igniter. I've not had any problems with it yet but want to be prepared.

Is there a website that I can order another Harman Igniter or do I need to go through my dealer? I'm not opposed to doing that, they are 1.5 hrs away though.

Second, any how to videos out there that will show me how to change the igniter? I've read about it and it seems straightforward enough, but I like to see how things are done too!

Thanks!

My stove is going into its 6th season and we are still using our original igniter. I've not had any problems with it yet but want to be prepared.

Is there a website that I can order another Harman Igniter or do I need to go through my dealer? I'm not opposed to doing that, they are 1.5 hrs away though.

Second, any how to videos out there that will show me how to change the igniter? I've read about it and it seems straightforward enough, but I like to see how things are done too!

Thanks!

Check your manual for the correct part number. This one may work:

http://www.woodmanspartsplus.com/734676/products/Harman-Stove-Igniter.html

Couldn't find a YouTube video, but maybe there's one on the Harman site.

My stove is going into its 6th season and we are still using our origi9nal igniter. I've not had any problems with it yet but want to be prepared.

Thanks!
I got mine on ebay. Had it in reserve like you
Also got a pack of high temp ceramic wire nuts. When it finally died after five plus yrs, two screws. Snip snip. Peel and twist. Screws again. Five minutes and done. Been working great since and as far as I kmow all Harman Igniters are the same.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bigjim13
I just replaced mine about a month ago. I bought mine from my dealer- right around $100. Unscrew the 2 screws, cut the zip ties in back, pull the wires out, unplug the old one and plug in the new one. Put it back together and you are good to go.

I had to light mine with gel for a few weeks before I got around to picking up the new ignitor. No big deal, but when my wife started complaining about it, I knew I had to get it fixed.

I just replaced mine about a month ago. I bought mine from my dealer- right around $100. Unscrew the 2 screws, cut the zip ties in back, pull the wires out, unplug the old one and plug in the new one. Put it back together and you are good to go.

I had to light mine with gel for a few weeks before I got around to picking up the new ignitor. No big deal, but when my wife started complaining about it, I knew I had to get it fixed.
For me with an insert it isn't that simple which is why I used the splice and high-temp wire nut method.

I have a spare igniter ready for service as well. Some of these prices kill me. My stove shop charged me $70 for mine......

Status
Not open for further replies.