Harman p61a settings

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gumby1

Dec 20, 2008
Western Ma.
Son in Law picked up a used p61a with no manual. What should he set the mode on , room temp or stove temp?
What position should he set it between low and high and where does he set feed rate?
Any help would be nice.
thanks guys. Ron

It's easy to get the manual online. click here- http://www.hearthnhome.com/downloads/installManuals/P61A.pdf or go to Harman website, click on the P61 and downlad install manual. He should definitely read that.

The suggestion is to set the feed rate at 4 for a premium pellet to start. You can always adjust it. I think most people run it in room mode. I put mine smack in the middle of low and high.

I have a XXV, I keep it in room temp mode, feed setting I adjust between 2-4 reserving 4 for the coldest night when I need the most BTU's. I adjust the room temp between low and high (room temp) depending on the heat demand. These settings keep my 2900sq/ft colonial around 70 degrees most of the time. Almost too warm!!

Put the feed on 4, temp on what you like. blower in the middle of low and high.... set it to room temp.. and let er rip! Of course flip the switch up to auto ignite if it's not already there. And yes the link posted by lover above is the manual you need.

Yes, and it is recommended by Harman that you do that. I just have it coiled in the back of the stove on the floor. That works fine for me.

tkrock said:
Put the feed on 4, temp on what you like. blower in the middle of low and high.... set it to room temp.. and let er rip! Of course flip the switch up to auto ignite if it's not already there. And yes the link posted by lover above is the manual you need.

Same here. We did run the fan on high when it was -25 last year.
Almost a "Set it, Forget it" mode!!
From what we've seen, the stove's heat control keeps the temp at +/- 1 degree!!!

I run mine on room temp. I put the Wire in my living room about 15feet from the stove. I put it in Auto and room temp mode about in the middle of the L-H setting feed rate on 3 set temp to 72 and let it run.....Works great

Make sure to keep it clean and be sure to remove the opening for the igniter and vac it out. My igniter didn't work when i got mine (used) cleaned the little spot out and it works great!

Here is some good cleaning info >>

http://www.homewarmth.com/38&61cleaning;.html

Status
Not open for further replies.