Harman P68 Distribution -

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bdaoust

Nov 28, 2012
Western, MA
I run my P68 in room temp with the probe upstairs.

Lately, I've noticed the distribution blower turning off, but the room where the probe is hasn't reached the temp I set on the stove. Fire is pretty full when this occurs.

Shouldn't the blower run until the probe reaches temperature and the stove goes into maintenance burn?

If I have a full fire - that would tell me that the ESP probe thinks more eat is needed.

Thanks
Brian

Room temp Auto - although it rarely shuts off. Probe is extended, but always seemed spot on.

OK, in RT auto you are not going to get the fan shutting down and going to maintenance burn. I would suspect one of the pot that controls the fan is beginning to fail...

One of the pot? Should note that about a month or so, the fan sounded really loud.

Could be the thermal overload on the fan motor shutting it down. Better get things checked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.