Harman P68 intermittent distribution blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

dantm

Nov 13, 2021
Maine
I have a Hartman P68 where the distribution blower occasionally does not come on when starting. At other times it has gone off unexpectedly while the pellet stove is running.

There are no error codes from what I see. Today I opened the back and took out blower, tested it before cleaning it and it ran fine on outlet power connected directly. Then cleaned it, put it back in and it worked again eventually.

What is the next step in the debug?

Will do...are you thinking intermittent connection or potentiometer of some kind in one of the knobs?

Where do you set your pot for room temp?

What are the pontiometers to get for the P68 is there a reference somewhere? I need the PNs and they can be probably found at Digikey or Mouser?

And the other pot is at full on the room temp pot?
Yes, either 'H' or 'L' which are the two settings for ROOM TEMP pot will not turn on the blower. But it's intermittent and I haven't been able to see a pattern.

Earlier it looked like moving the speed pot from ROOM TEMP to OVEN TEMP and trying randomly H and L on both eventually kicked it in...

Reactions: Washed-Up
Best Pot cleaner I've ever found (no, not firepot) is CRC MAF cleaner. You can get it at any auto parts store. Good stuff. I use it on my ancient AM-FM radio when the pot's get scratchy. Use it on the cars too.

Reactions: Washed-Up