Harman p68 lid

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

JCoxBuilder

Nov 3, 2017
Whitefield
Well, initially I thought perhaps that running the stove on the generator didn’t do any damage but I noticed today while filling the hopper that the auger was still feeding pellets and didn’t shut off. Also before auger kicks up it makes a very low hum sound.

Is this normal operation? Yikes

That low hum sound is normal.

I've noticed my P61a feeding if I've opened the hopper lid to pour in pellets. I asume I caought it in the middle of the cycle that it has to complete. Since I don't take my sweet time dumping in pellets, I don't know if it continues to do so.

Reactions: Mt Bob
I have a harman P68 I don't have a switch for the hopper lid and when I open the lid the auger continues its cycle as normal

My PC45 doesn't have a hopper switch either but the auger won't run with the lid open because of lack of vacuum in the firebox. Golfeur does your auger stop if you open the fire or ash door?

yes my auger stop if my fire door or ash door is open

From another thread:

There are 3 variations with the P series. 1- hopper lid switch in the back corner that a plunger sticks up that tells the stove if lid is shut. 2- a yellow screen that sticks up in the left side of the sloped wall of the hopper connected to the vac switch, or 3- neither and it sense vac from inside the fire box.

I would guess that if the hopper is full, and the pellets small, that may be enough resistance to keep the vacuum from being broken by a large enough margin to active a non-mechanical switch. But that is a total gues.

Reactions: rickwai
From another thread:

There are 3 variations with the P series. 1- hopper lid switch in the back corner that a plunger sticks up that tells the stove if lid is shut. 2- a yellow screen that sticks up in the left side of the sloped wall of the hopper connected to the vac switch, or 3- neither and it sense vac from inside the fire box.

I would guess that if the hopper is full, and the pellets small, that may be enough resistance to keep the vacuum from being broken by a large enough margin to active a non-mechanical switch. But that is a total gues.
My hopper is the vacuum type. If I remember correctly, it feeds when the hopper is full, but not when it's basically empty.