Harman P68 settings?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Glenn Jefferson

Oct 25, 2012
Hi All,

I just picked up a Harman P68 last week and put it on the first floor of my house with the intentions of using it as my primary heat source to heat my entire house. My house is roughly 2200 sq feet, with an open foyer. It is working out well, and heats the entire house.

Today I installed a programmable thermostat on the unit today and moved the room sensor into my dining room next to the thermostat that will control this unit.

What I was wondering is if anyone has any recommendations on feed / blower settings I should try? I'm going to keep the stove in auto room mode, and will keep the room temp on the stove set to 75 which is roughly 5~10 degrees higher than the max temp I will have my programmable thermostat set to.

I know people say it is a lot of trial and error getting optimal settings, I was wondering if anyone has done this to save me some time doing the trial and error part. Would I be better to use a lower feed setting or a higher setting? I've been using the stove with a feed setting of in between 4!5 in the middle. The pellets I am burning seem really efficient, I have very little ash and even when I burn the stove in stove mode all the way up I have about 2 inches of ash in the front of the burn pot.

I figured some others may have used this same setup with a thermostat and could give me some tips on some good baseline settings to use to try and keep a nice even heat throughout the house and be the most efficient. My plan is to have the thermostat drop the temp 3-5 degrees while we are sleeping.

Thanks
Glenn

Set the feed rate about 4 and forget it IMO. The sticky above explains a Harmans function very well.

I run my 61 in room temp manual with the feed at 3.5 and the fan a little less than half. T-stat on the stove is 73. My living room/kithen/bath area stays 76-77 and upstairs temp is 72. This is my first full season heating with just the stove. Loving it so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.