Harman PC-45 esp probe problems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

TracyLI

Jan 24, 2021
Morrisdale, PA 16858
Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum and have read alot of the threads about the esp probe. The first time I replaced mine, it was a white wire, not black or red. Had tried to clean it before replacing it, but still was getting the 3 blink code. It was burning low, blower would not shut off, feed running off and on, just feeding enough pellets to keep the fire going. After replacing it, stove worked great again. 2 weeks later, 3 blink code again. After a thorough cleaning, replacing the thermostat and even a section of the pipe, ended up putting in another esp probe. Both times I used the one with the black wire. Ran great, 3 1/2 weeks later we again have the 3 blink code. I do have another probe (i ordered 3 last time). But I dont understand why they keep going bad. Anyone have any ideas? Also, it is a low serial number model.