Harman PC45 dist blower wont stop

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

MrBrown 72

Mar 1, 2017
Central PA
Hello all. Newbie here looking for an answer. Recently purchased used Harman PC45. Finally got installed and running. The issue is the distribution fan will not shut off unless I unplug the unit altogether. At first i figured it was stove cool down mode but after coming home from work and it was still running i learned it is not cool down mode. Any ideas why and how to fix it? Thanks.

My guess would be the ESP probe but wait till some of the Harman folks show up. Welcome to the forum!

Can you control speed of distribution blower from speed control or does it run full speed? If full speed a triac is probably shorted internally. If you meant exhaust blower stays on then i agree, its probably ESP needs cleaning or is bent/damaged.

Try to roll your fan blower switch back and forth. And or doing so with some electrical contact cleaner spray. It could just have some dust / dirt in there.

Reactions: rona
Try to roll your fan blower switch back and forth. And or doing so with some electrical contact cleaner spray. It could just have some dust / dirt in there.
The switches on the boards are know to loose their off setting. Sometimes you can spray contact spray on them and it will cure the problem other times you can buy replacement switches and fix them that way. Seems to be a common issue as you can turn things off and expect it to shut down but it never happens. Note : the 45s are made to run a long time letting the exh fan run for 6 hrs or maybe a little more.

Yes, I noticed it can take my PC45 much, much more time to completely shut down vs. my newer P68. The response times on adjustments take longer also. It is simply older technology vs. the newer P Series stoves.