Harman PC45 gone from lineup.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bioburner

Aug 4, 2012
West central Mn
Just as corn prices are under half of pellets they have dropped the stove. Called Harman, St.Paul this AM:(

I dont think its as hip/cool to burn corn as it is wood pellets. After all they dont sell corn at HD or Lowes.

Here in the Heartland I would bet there is at least five corn elevators to every Lowes ,HD etc. Those chickens aren't just filled with soybeans:)

This is a really dumb question. With food shortages and ethanol production and so on, how is there so much excess corn to be burned? And if you have a second, can you explain the process of stalk to heat?

A good year for corn production and almost 2 million acres of farm land taken out of CRP in just MN and ND and put into crops. Food shortages are more of a problem of distribution in that those starving are in areas that are more arid and don't produce well and when there is any kind of weather problem, crops fail and that you have to look at how the population grew in those areas and strip the area of its limited resources.

Reactions: Jason845845
This is unfortunate, now i'll need a few spare parts, i'd welcome any recommendations user's may have.

For the sake of discussion, and my curiosity, what is the difference between a pc45 and the p38 or p61. The 45 has a stirrer, burn cap, burn pot with smaller holes, items not to difficult to reproduce if need be. Is there other tweaks hidden inside i'm unaware of?
Are the control boards for other units capable of the lower feed rates needed for corn?
And i thought i'd noticed more manufacturers marketing stoves as multifuel rather than as pellet stoves, is it possible the 45 was a specialty machine that the other units are now capable of doing the same work, redundant in the product lineup?

The weldment that holds the burn tray. I see on a older one it was starting to erode some. The trays seem to hold up pretty good. The control if not fried should be repairable just like the other p series. I just found an ad for Amaizing stoves again.

Status
Not open for further replies.