Harman pellet stove issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mrbonesd

Mar 3, 2022
Quakertown pa.
Hi everyone. I have a harman P61A-2 stove. The other day room filled with smoke and and smelled plastic smell burning. We unplugged and restarted it after cleaning and inspecting. Now it runs constantly. Power ,status lights on. No blinking. Also distribution light and blower stay on as is the combustion blower and light.these don’t go off. Any ideas what is wrong? Control panel? Automatic does not seem to work.

Last edited:
It certainly sounds like the control board is toast. Once the "magic smoke" leaks out of electronics it's always a bad sign.

Hugh

Last edited:
Reactions: johneh
Unplug it and take a good look at the control board for burnt spots..or components. Was it plugged into a surge suppressor ??

Hi everyone ,
Has anyone out there ever had issues with a control board? I just put new one in and it has 2 blinking lights. In the manual it says J2 on board is not connected. The will only run minimum heat . I called parts place he said vacuum issues. Also said shouldn’t feed pellets. I put old board in and everything works. I compared both new and old boards and at J2 old one has a tiny connector where new one doesn’t. They swear it fits my model. It just doesn’t work. Please any help would be appreciated thanks Dave

Hi everyone ,
Has anyone out there ever had issues with a control board? I just put new one in and it has 2 blinking lights. In the manual it says J2 on board is not connected. The will only run minimum heat . I called parts place he said vacuum issues. Also said shouldn’t feed pellets. I put old board in and everything works. I compared both new and old boards and at J2 old one has a tiny connector where new one doesn’t. They swear it fits my model. It just doesn’t work. Please any help would be appreciated thanks Dave
Best to start a new thread with your problem which is different than this one