Harman PP38 overheated

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 13, 2012
NY
My old Harman began to have trouble burning pellets thoroughly when on turbo setting....never had trouble like this before....using different pellets than before....pellets began to tumble over burn pot without being completely burned off....when I noticed it I turned off feeder and began to try to clear the way...closed the door and a few minutes later the blower turned off....
I have never had problems when running on turbo and i have had this stove for 5 years..( older model).
I unplugged the unit and hoping it will cool off enough to turn back on but so far nothing...any ideas before I call for service?

Thanks

I have the same model and also an older model probably the best part of 15 years old. Within the last two weeks, I had a similar problem. It is my secondary stove, so many nights I turn it off. One morning I lit it like normal. I came back about 3o minutes later and noticed unburnt pellets were being pushed out the burnpot. If I remember right it looked like the burnpot was not lit evenly. If I remember correctly, I cleaned the burnpot out and relit the stove, making sure the fire was even. Worked as it normally does and have not had a problem again. I guess it was some kind of a fluke.

Tom C.

I have had that happen before....What happens is the fire isnt lit evenly...I find with this model the fire has to be burning evenly across the burn pot and then the feed rate was too high.
Right now after keeping stove unplugged allnight..the stove will not turn on at all...as if there is no power or something is burnt inside.
Could really use some advice from somebody.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.