Harman repair manual

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

freebird77

Feeling the Heat
Jul 4, 2007
Hallstead Pa.
Do you guys think I could get a sevice repair manual from Harman, or would they tell me to go through the dealer? I have three years warranty, but wouldnt mind having a heads up on how to fix basic things. As those of you with Harmans know, the paperwork that comes with it doesnt offer much in the way of troubleshooting or repair. Im going to try and call them and see what they say. Just wanted to see what you guys thought or if anyone has acces to a manual. Thanks

Not a bad idea. I've found the P61 to be pretty easy to work on and have used the Maintenance guide as my starting point -
http://www.harmanstoves.com/maintenance/p38&p61cleaninginstructions;.pdf

This pretty much lets you know where all the componets are, and (to some extent) how to access them. With the few issues i've come across i've used a combination of the guide, this board (Kenny, HarryBack, GVA etc) and phone calls to the dealer to get things figured out and resolved.

IMO the Harman P61 is a wonderfully simple stove.

Let us know how you make out with that. I never thought of getting a service manual, but I'm not that handy myself.... :down:

Doubt it will happen there's probably too much proprietary info in the service manual, so unless you're a dealer I'd say you gotta stick with the manual.

There is no "service manual" per say. The only thing Harman has technically is the owners manual and the people that have "technical knowledge" as to how they work. i.e. Technical support reps that only talk to dealers.

Almost all stove companies I've ever dealt with have tech manuals. I've never personally dealt with Harman so if they don't have one they'd be the exception. You're likely not going to get your hands on it though.

Your kidding? I hope they back up their warranty, if, and when I need to use it. Seems like they dont want you to have any first hand info but to rely on the service guy. Which, by the way, it looks like there are only two in my area. Thats what scatre me. When I need help, will these two dealers still be around? I hope so.

Status
Not open for further replies.