Harman tool

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyray

Minister of Fire
well,
the supplied scraping tool has been downgraded to pulling ash away from the burn pot.
these Sears Gasket scrapers work sooo much better:).. 1395794_728688140492931_894080440_n.jpg
Prob any Gasket scraper would be better...

Last edited:
well,
the supplied scraping tool has been downgraded to pulling ash away from the burn pot.
these Sears Gasket scrapers work sooo much better:)..View attachment 132773
Still using the tool and a screw driver. Ya the gasket scrapers make sense !

well,
these Sears Gasket scrapers work sooo much better:)..View attachment 132773

Yup Tony, I've been a gasket scraper guy for a couple of years now, also Craftsman.

I had some carbon built up in the lower corners of the burn pot.[both sides near the augar] but it was flat and easily missed.
funny how carbon can look like it's actually the burnpot bottom._g
never uncovered it till i used the smaller scraper.
the Harman tool was too big to get the corner and I never really discovered it till I shoved the small tool down there and paper thin layers came off..

Last edited:
I had some carbon built up in the lower corners of the burn pot.[both sides near the augar] but it was flat and easily missed.
funny how carbon can look like it's actually the burnpot bottom._g
never uncovered it till i used the smaller scraper.
the Harman tool was too big to get the corner and I never really discovered it till I shoved the small tool down there and paper thin layers came off..
I use a flat screw driver on the auger end and the corners you mention. Also if I get a hard piece of carbon anywhere that the tool seems to just glide over. I use a flashlight too, be surprised what you see once it's lit up !

Harbor freight also has some decent inexpensive scrapers w/angled tip that work great

Status
Not open for further replies.