Harman with bad ESP

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

gutlo

Burning Hunk
Feb 22, 2009
eastern connecticut
I have a Harman P43 with a burned out ESP. I'm running it in Room Temp. Every 12 to 24 hours, I get a 2 blink error code. I usually ignore it andit goesaway.
Last night, got the code, ignored it, the stove went out at 4:eek:o a,m, Poked the holes (they weren't clogged), scraped the burn pot (verylittle ash), unplugged and plugged it back in. Ran perfectly until 5:30 pm, and coninues to run perfectly.

Could this shutdown have been caused by the bad ESP? If not, any ideas what is the cause?

IIRC the 2 blink code relates to the vacuum switch not seeing enough reduced pressure within the stove. This can be due to dying combustion blower, clogged exhaust vent, leaky gaskets, fines cover not being replaced properly after cleaning fine and a few other reasons. The pellet auger motor is in series with the vacuum switch so if it opens due to insufficient reduced pressure pellet feed stops and the fire goes out.

Hope that helps a bit.

Hugh

Hugh,

I screwed up the description of the problem.
We often get the 3 blink code, but this time it was 6.
Could you give an opinion on that?
Sorry for the screwup.

Arthur

Haven't replaced ESP yet, but I cleaned the stove. In the process of cleaning, I found that I had I half latched the door to the ash box, so it was slightly open all the time.

I'm looking for any emojii that shows "egg on the face",

Reactions: Mt Bob and SciGuy
Haven't replaced ESP yet, but I cleaned the stove. In the process of cleaning, I found that I had I half latched the door to the ash box, so it was slightly open all the time.

I'm looking for any emojii that shows "egg on the face",
1640295557509.png