Harman XXV chimney ash

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rwreuter

Feb 7, 2014
Mulvane, KS
Last weekend I decided to clean my Harman XXV direct vent chimney out and look what I found. Is this normal?

I have only been burning since mid February and the pellets I have burned are Somersets and Heartland.

IMG_20140504_142607_254.jpg

What do you guys think????? This after 3-4 of burning pellets? WOW!!!

You should be posting in the pellet forum to start and yes that is normal acctually if that is all that came out after cleaning it is pretty good.

thanks for the info.....both on the ash and the "pellet forum"

for the life of me, i looked and looked and can't seem to find the "pellet forum"

the moderator can move this thread i guess.

thanks!

thanks for the info.....both on the ash and the "pellet forum"

for the life of me, i looked and looked and can't seem to find the "pellet forum"

the moderator can move this thread i guess.

thanks!
I don't know how you could have missed us here in the Pellet Mill. We make more noise over here than a kindergarten class at recess!!
If that's 3-4 ton of pellets burned, I would say you are fine. If that's 3-4 weeks, not good.

That's why manufacturers recommend cleaning exhaust after every ton:) I haven't been able to get the Heartlands since February - miss my softwoods! They produce more ash in the ashpan than hardwoods but it is lighter and I have found less fouling of the internal exhaust path and venting.

Last weekend I decided to clean my Harman XXV direct vent chimney out and look what I found. Is this normal?

I have only been burning since mid February and the pellets I have burned are Somersets and Heartland.

IMG_20140504_142607_254.jpg

What do you guys think????? This after 3-4 of burning pellets? WOW!!!
Did you run a brush through the vent ? If not then you will get a little more. But looks pretty normal for 3 months burning.

Status
Not open for further replies.