Harman XXV Issues with Fire

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

pdlong

Oct 3, 2015
Brunswick, MD
I have a Harman XXV, used for 5 years. Upon initial use this season, the fire will start, but cuts out after 10 minutes,. If I leave on, the fire will restart after about 30 minutes, and then cut out again after 10 minutes. The stove and exhaust is cleaned routinely. I had no issue with this in the past. Adjusting the temp, feeder speed, blower speed, etc. has no impact. Feeder works, cleaned the ESP probe, no other apparent issues. Only other thought in researching this, is maybe the control board needs to be replaced?

Most common issue for low vacuum in a Harman is people do not get the fines cover sealed/back on properly.

Most common issue for low vacuum in a Harman is people do not get the fines cover sealed/back on properly.

Whelp, I wasn't even aware of this component (thanks for pointing out), so cover had never been removed. I pulled the cover, cleaned it out, and put back on. Seems sealed correctly (i hope), issue still remains.

Make sure the hopper lid is closed properly....also the fire box door, there are safety switches for both.

Yup... it’s ESP problem. Had my accentra few years ago do the same thing.

You need to see what is dying/not working,when it happens,I.E. auger motor stopping,etc,and check voltage to that item when it is acting up.