Harman XXV or Lopi Leyden

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mike-in-ME

Jul 17, 2008
Central Maine
Good day gentlemen,
The boss(wife) and I spent April and May going to different stove shops to see as many different brands of stoves running as possible and decided on a XXV. We decided on the XXV for the fact it seemed to get good reviews on line and it was quiet running. Paid for the stove May 24th and have had the install date changed 3 times so far. The dealer still can not give me a firm date on the XXV but he called today and offered me a Lopi Leyden enamel that just came in. The Leyden is one stove we never witnessed running so my question is it a fairly quiet running stove? There does not appear to be many reviews on line of the Leyden pellet stove.
At this point I am beginning to think one in the hand is worth two in the bush.
Thanks for any input,
Mike-In-ME

Hello & welcome to this great site . That being said, i bought a Lopi Leyden in Skowhegan this past winter & am very satisfied . Never thought it would reach my upstairs but it did running no higher than medium . As far as noise, well there are trade-offs on everything in life. I have mine between my office<easy chair> :) & my TV . The noise is comparable with an air conditioner . Good luck & should you have anymore ?'s don't hesitate to ask. Muss

Mike,

I was in same situation. Decided on the XXV but I couldn't get one so went with 2nd choice Lyden. It's a nice looking stove and the dealer talked highly of it. It won't be installed until 9/30 so I can't offer any other info at this time.

Thanks for the input,
Went out to look at the stove today and decided to go with the Leyden. The wife liked the looks and the dealer has been selling Lopi longer than Harman and spoke very highly of them. Have an install date of 9/2 for a stove in stock instead of a floating whenever.
Mike

mike-in-ME said:
Thanks for the input,
Went out to look at the stove today and decided to go with the Leyden. The wife liked the looks and the dealer has been selling Lopi longer than Harman and spoke very highly of them.

Sounds very familiar!

Since your's will be installed before mine let me know how you like it--& post some pics.

Rich.

Status
Not open for further replies.