Harman XXV venting question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

johnhon

Feb 12, 2014
Amherst, MA
I have an XXV stove I need venting information for. I want to vent my stove out the back horizontally through an outside wall then turn down with a 90, then run under a deck horizontally with another 90 for 10 ft, then terminate 2 ft. past the edge of the deck. I couldn't find any information for this configuration in the manual. Harman Stove wouldn't answer this for me. Do any of you know if this will work? Thanks.

Running the vent downward does not sound like a good plan to me.

Reactions: SidecarFlip
no info in the manual because the manufacturer does not recommend any downward angles, they all have to go upward for drafting

Reactions: johneh
...additionally, with any run that length, you need to go to 4" venting, not 3. I believe you need to revise the location elsewhere. Any down venting will become a fly ash collector where it turns out again.