Harmon P68 3 blink status

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Weakfish

Apr 7, 2020
S.E.PA
Hello Everyone, new member and new to pellet appliances. I have been doing gas fireplace work for years and sometimes I'll get a job where the people want to get rid of a pellet appliance. So I decided to put the P68 in my basement. (It's a Beautiful thing!)
The last couple of times that I started it on Room Temp high after about 30 minutes of running fine it started pulsing everything was pulsing the fans and the lights and the status light kept a 3 blink going until I turned it off. The manual says that the esp went out of range too many times.
I'm not sure what that means. Does it mean it went over temp or something else? Any clues would be appreciated.
Thanks

Most likely its a bad ESP; you could try cleaning it, but they are not that expensive (aftermarket), so I would get one to have on hand (make sure you get the right color, red or black depending on what is in it now).

If I recall, a red probe should read about 1-1.1K and a black probe should read about 550-650K ohms when tesing across the leads, you may get lucky and just need a cleaning, but even so it never hurts to have a spare on hand.

If I recall, a red probe should read about 1-1.1K and a black probe should read about 550-650K ohms when tesing across the leads, you may get lucky and just need a cleaning, but even so it never hurts to have a spare on hand.
Thanks I'll check it out and also pick up a spare.