Harmon vs St. Croix Pellet Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

LVS

Mar 25, 2019
Wisconsin
Am looking to replace wood stove in basement (1500 sq feet) with a pellet stove. We have an insulated underground basement that has been well heated by our Vermont Castings wood stove.
We are looking for a quiet reliable pellet stove, and our online research has led us to either a Harman Absolute 43 or a St. Croix Hastings?
Anyone have experience, good or bad, with either of these pellet stoves?

I have a st croix Hastings and am very happy with it. It has been completely trouble free. The one thing about it is they require a thorough cleaning fairly often. I do an extensive cleaning once a week that takes me about a hour more or less but I’m old and slow. If that doesn’t bother you then they are a awesome stove