Harmony Fdry Co cast iron stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

nsmast

Jul 15, 2022
Chama, New Mexico
I have inherited an old cast iron stove from my grandmother. It was built by the Harmony Fdry. Co. in Belleville, Il. I want to restore it for sentimental reasons. I have completely disassembled it and removed most of the rust. Before I reassemble it does anyone have any advice on furnace cement and blackening? I am completely new to the whole procedure. Thank you for any ad ice you can give me.
nsmast

I have inherited an old cast iron stove from my grandmother. It was built by the Harmony Fdry. Co. in Belleville, Il. I want to restore it for sentimental reasons. I have completely disassembled it and removed most of the rust. Before I reassemble it does anyone have any advice on furnace cement and blackening? I am completely new to the whole procedure. Thank you for any ad ice you can give me.
nsmast
Any furnace cement will work but I prefer getting it in caulk tubes for stove assembly. And just use stove Brite satin black paint

Reactions: nsmast