Have a corner fireplace would like to add a wood burning fireplace insert.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Markhvac

Jan 26, 2022
Batavia, Ohio
I have a corner fireplace and would like to add a wood burning fireplace insert. Are there any wood burning inserts that would be best suited for this application?
20220109_173853.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
AFAIK, there is no insert that is made for, or will look good in that situation.
I have seen folks brick up or block off the smaller face with a fitted steel plate,
in order to make it more aesthetically pleasing.

I put a stove in my fireplace jotul has short leg kits for the f500 and f45 if your height is an issue.

Sounds like a great idea, I think you'll use that way more than the fireplace.

Looking forward to any updates and good luck.

An insert without a surrounding shroud panel would be the simplest solution. There are also some freestanding low-profile stoves that might work like the MF Fire Nova or Nova2 and the Osburn 2000 Inspire. Otherwise, closing off the short side like Daksy suggested is the best solution.

What is the height of the firebox?

Buck inserts are just stoves without legs woodstock ideal steel offers short legs as well