Haven't found answer to this one.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dabug

Oct 21, 2018
Monroe County Pa
Been reading up on leaf blower to clean exhaust from top of chimney to pipe out the side of house. My question is relating to harman accentra insert. Can you remove exhaust cover and use leaf blower from that location?

You could BUT most people crack open the door so enough air can be supplied
to the stove to suck out all the ash . with that being said if you do it through the OAK
you are defeating the purpose of the high powered vac

You could BUT most people crack open the door so enough air can be supplied
to the stove to suck out all the ash . with that being said if you do it through the OAK
you are defeating the purpose of the high powered vac
I'm just looking for easy way to clean ss liner in chimney. Not a huge fan of heights.

I use a 60 gallon air compressor and blower attachment from inside the stove at the exhaust port. I only have about a 1 foot rise in a S bend then a 3 ft pipe so can't comment if it would work with a chimney. Total length is maybe 5 ft, 6 at most.

electric would be fine.

Reactions: Dabug
Blowing from the inside out could create a problem. If there is any small leaks or the seal where the fan goes into the exhaust at the stove leaks it could possibly blow a very large volume of ash into the house. Having something like that happen could earn you a very long stay in the dog house. I have a P43 stove hooked into my chimney with a stainless 4" liner all the way to the top. Total vertical length about 18ft. My stove is 5 years old and I cleaned my chimney after 4 years of use (About 12 tons of pellets) for the first time and it didn't even need it. I check the horizontal run ,about (2 1/2 ft to the tee, and it never has more than a very thin coat of ash. YMMV
Ron

Reactions: Ssyko and Dabug