Heat & Glo Phoenix TrueView, are there downsides I'm missing?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

MattCO

Sep 15, 2022
Pine, CO
I really like the idea of a DV without glass that also has low vertical clearance for a TV, etc.
I assume the heat would be similar to a gas log set in a traditional fireplace, so not a ton. That's okay with me.
Are the blowers loud? Do they look bad in person?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I really like the idea of a DV without glass that also has low vertical clearance for a TV, etc.
I assume the heat would be similar to a gas log set in a traditional fireplace, so not a ton. That's okay with me.
Are the blowers loud? Do they look bad in person?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
They look awesome. The power vent is not too loud. The further away from the fireplace, the quieter it is.
And yes, there is a trade off with having the open face, you lose some efficiency but they still give off a decent amount of radiant heat.