Heat & Glo ST-HV-IPI Low Flames

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gaspower

Sep 7, 2015
Bend, Oregon
Hello,

I have a Heat & Glo ST-HV-IPI natural gas fireplace. I just ignited the fireplace and it ignites fine. But, now I noticed that the flames are real low and all the manifold ports are not throwing a flame. It is a auto ignite system and I also noticed that the valve control knob, no matter if I turn low or high, it does not change the flame height? I removed the glass and vacuumed the manifold, still same issue. Is the gas valve that supplies the manifold gone bad?

Thanks JR

Do you have the WSK-MLT wall control with 8 small buttons ?

Likely the RCT-MLT. May need to verify inlet pressure to properly troubleshoot it . Are you on natural gas or propane ? First thing I would do is pull the main orifice and check it and the fitting it is mounted to for a insect or insect nest.

Reactions: DAKSY
Let me know what you find and if you resolve your issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.